Thursday, July 03, 2008

Leaving Pasadena...

...to go to Vegas for the holiday weekend!

A couple friend, my wife, and I are going to Vegas this weekend for three reasons: 1) to celebrate the 4th; 2) to watch the American Idol Live tour; and 3) to watch Spamalot again. We are excited, thrilled to death even!

Upon our return I will finish up grading from last quarter, begin focusing on my paper due at the end of the summer, and clean the house for the in-laws' visit next weekend. Oh, and I'll be preparing to speak about Mormonism on Sunday.

I would like a bit of help though. In our Sunday School class we have been talking about groups that call themselves "Christian" but whose theologies place them outside of the Christian tradition. So far we have discussed Christian Science, Oneness Pentecostals, some of the Word of Faith preachers, Unitarian Universalists, Christadelphians, and Jehovah's Witnesses. Besides Mormons, what other groups deserve our attention?

2 comments:

Eric Sowell said...

Vegas? Remember, gambling is a sin. If you're going to go, be sure you avoid that and only indulge in the hookers and drugs :)

J. Matthew Barnes said...

I'll keep that in mind!